Every week we round up our favorite good eats from our friends at Serious Eats. This week, the bacon beat goes on, with a bacon mincemeat pie. They also test out the best breads for Thanksgiving stuffing, and ask the question: Who first paired white chocolate with macadamia nuts?
• Pie Week: Bacon Mincemeat Pie - Not a traditional incarnation of my favorite pie, but still pretty darn delicious, says Lauren.
• Taste Test: We Find the Best Bread for Stuffing - Which supermarket bread wins out for the Thanksgiving stuffing? Read on to find out.
• How Did Macadamia Nuts Find White Chocolate? - A discussion of this semi-classic pair.
• Soy-Braised Lamb Shanks Lamb shanks braised until tender with lemongrass, champagne vinegar, chiles, Asian pears, and wine.
• Pie Week: Cranberry Walnut Pie - One more pie. There's never too much pie.
Previous Serious Eats: Carrot Slaw With Cranberries And Toasted Walnuts
(Image: Lauren Weisenthal/Serious Eats)