We don't eat chocolate very often, but when we do, we go all out. Here, from candied bacon fudge to olive oil mousse, and from chocolate cookies that are nutty and dark to ones that are featherweight and chewy, are some of our favorite chocolate recipes from this past year. Chocolate with Nutella, chocolate with Guinness, chocolate with peanut butter — it's all here.
Chocolate Treats from 2009
• Chocolate Mousse with Olive Oil and Sea Salt
• Rhoda's Peppermint Hot Fudge Sauce
• How To Make Ice Cream Sandwiches At Home
• Chocolate Cake with Candied Oranges
• Chocolate Peppermint Molten Cakes
• Candied Bacon Fudge
• Nigella Lawson's Nutella Cake With Chocolate Hazelnut Ganache
• Dark Chocolate Walnut Cookies
• Chocolate Chip and Toffee Shortbread Cookies
• One Bowl Mascarpone Brownies
• Brownie Bites To Go!
• Dark, Fudgy Brownies with a Very Unusual Ingredient
• Classic Recipe: Katharine Hepburn's Brownies
• Hershey's Ultimate Chocolate Brownies
• Nigella Lawson's Chocolate Guinness Cake
• The Best Chewy Chocolate Cookies Ever (& Low-Fat Too)
• Dark Chocolate Ice Cream With Fig & Cardamom
• Hot Chocolate On A Stick
• Malted Cocoa Mix from Alton Brown
• Peanut Butter Ice Cream with Trader Joe's Chocolate Covered Mini Peanut Butter Crackers
What was your favorite new chocolate discovery this past year?
* * *
Welcome to The Kitchn's end-of-year roundup! We are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the last year, including lots of recipes. We are also shaking out our reader mailbag, and giving you a few more great guest posts from our friends.