Looking for ways to dress up the backyard for your next dinner party? Look to the trees! Here are all our favorite things to hang, wrap, drape, or otherwise decorate the trees in our yards. As a bonus, many of the garlands and lanterns we use to decorate trees also light up! They give a soft light so you can still see who you're having a conversation with even after the sun goes down, and it's always nice to have a little light while eating dinner al fresco!
1. Paper Lantern Garlands - Get out your scissors and craft paper!
2. Twinkly Lights - Wrap a few strands of white twinkly Christmas lights around the lower branches (don't forget an extension cord!).
3. White Paper Lanterns - We love the dreamy look a few of these globes creates.
4. Hanging Lanterns - You can make your own hanging lanterns using canning jars and some sturdy wire. Check out this tutorial on Martha Stewart">Martha Stewart.
5. Homemade Bunting - These give a great splash of color and look lovely fluttering in the breeze.
What other ideas do you have for dressing up the backyard trees?
Related: Inexpensive Party Accessories: Save-On-Crafts Online Store
(Images: Anna Bond/RIFLE Design, River Cafe, Paper Lantern Store, Martha Stewart, and Living Etc.)