5 Tips to Help Make Cooking Easier
• Learn Basic Knife Skills: The Video - Getting back in the swing of things? Remind yourself how to hold a knife, and spend some time getting reacquainted before tackling those tough root vegetables of fall.
• 5 Ways to Keep Your Cutting Board from Slipping - Also in the safety sphere, don't forget to stabilize your cutting board before embarking on a cutting spree. Find a few good tips here for making your cutting board stay put.
• How to Tell When Oil is Hot - We don't do a ton of high-heat cooking in the summer, so getting back to fall sautés and braises means dealing with hot oil.
• When and How to Deglaze a Pan - Remember how to deglaze a pan? Never learned? Let us show you! It's so simple, makes your food taste better, and clean-up a lot easier.
• What it Means to "Salt to Taste" - What does "salt to taste" mean, anyway? A primer.
Learn a good tip recently? Do share! What makes fall cooking easier for you?
Related: Solo Eating: Tips on Cooking for One