Colony Collapse Disorder.
- The Los Angeles Times gets its hands on the recipe for Kaya Toast from Susan Feniger's Street restaurant. It's slices of toasted and buttered bread filled with coconut custard, and then dipped into a soft-fried egg drizzled with dark soy sauce and white pepper. We are so intrigued.
- The Denver Post makes a batch of panko-crusted Avocado Fries, which look like a wonderfully crispy/creamy indulgence. We'd love to dip them in our favorite salsa or chili sauce. Perhaps the Washington Post's Ancho Chili Pickled Salsa?
- The Los Angeles Times reports that North American farmers are trying to grow gogi berries (cultivated in China) but still have a lot to learn.
- A British study that claims organic foods are not any more nutritious than conventionally grown food has caused quite an uproar among nutritionists. "Many advocates say it's not so much about what's in the food; it's about what isn't," the Seattle Times says. Our thoughts exactly.
- Scientists have uncovered the mystery behind the Colony Collapse Disorder that has been plaguing bees and beekeepers for the past three years.
- The Washington Post profiles master blogger David Lebovitz.
(Image: Glenn Koenig/Los Angeles Times)
KitchnVideo of the Day