- Lumberton, NJ
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool:
- The cork flooring! I have problems with my knees and plantar fasciitis in both feet, so the fact that the flooring "gives" when I'm standing and cooking for hours is awesome. Every cook should not only have the appliances and utensils needed - they should also be comfortable!
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.
- Storage and counter space. We have no upper cabinets but have pull out drawers for dishes and glasses. To compensate for the loss of additional storage, we added in a space for a rollout cart with a butcher block top. This gives me an additional prep space, room for heavy dutch ovens as well as a bit of storage and baskets for potatoes and onions. We have everything we need kept in a minimal space.
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?
- Filet mignon, grilled asparagus, garlic mashed potatoes and a great glass of red wine.
Small Cool Kitchens,
Small Space Living