Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Brooklyn, NY
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool:
- I grew up in Los Angeles and live in Brooklyn now. My kitchen has gorgeous Spanish Colonial tiles that remind me of California, but it also works with the space limitations of a NY apartment, incorporating floor to ceiling cabinets and compact appliances. The result is a mix of East Coast and West Coast, and I love it!
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.
- The lack of windows, plus dark cabinetry and counters, can make the kitchen feel like a cave. To brighten the space I opened the doorway to the dining area and expanded the passthrough to the living room. The bright yellow tiles and LED lighting also perk up the kitchen.
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?
- When I feel homesick for Los Angeles, I cook spinach enchiladas with guacamole made from my food coop's avocados. When I am in a NY state of mind, I just heat up a slice from my neighborhood pizza place!
See all entries
More posts in this series
Small Cool Kitchens 2013