This time last year we were gearing up for Valentine's Day, so we had a firestarter of Baked Alaska to show you! Plus we had a series on Kenyan food, some winter recipes, and another session of knife skills. And to round it out there was a look at ten kitchen improvements for renters, and heart-shaped foods for Valentine's!
Posts pictured above are in bold below.
• Heat and no heat: Flaming Baked Alaska and tips for Indian food with less spiciness.
• Caffeine test strips - wow! Plus Salad Wrenches.
• What are your rules for eating in the car?
• Winter recipes: Rustic Winter Stew, Creamy Garlic Soup, Sticky Toffee Cakelets, and Glazed Pear Muffins.
• More knife skills: The Claw!
• Kenyan food: Irio, ugali, sukuma wiki, and mandazi.
• An inspiring pink party for Valentine's Day. Plus Chocolate desserts, heart-shaped food, and sweet and gooey caramel desserts.
• Do you watch cooking shows on YouTube?
• A blind taste test of expensive canned goods: Is that $15 can of tomatoes worth it?
• A very sexy rice cooker and a 6-sided cookie cutter.
• The secret of really good matzoh ball soup.
• 10 Kitchen Improvements for Renters.
• Full archive from this week a year ago.
Previous Year Ago Lookback: Oreo Cake, Vegan Soups, and Valentines for Food-Lovers