Among the loveliest holiday traditions is the eating of apples and honey for Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year. (It begins at sundown on Friday, September 18, this year.) Dipping apples in honey symbolizes the hope for a sweet year ahead, and cooks may also incorporate these ingredients into desserts for the holiday meal. Whether you celebrate Rosh Hashanah or not, here are five sweet, seasonal recipes worth a look...
• 1 Apple, Goat Cheese, and Honey Tartlets, from Bon Appétit
• 2 Honey Cake with Caramelized Pears, from Martha Stewart
• 3 Apple Cake with Caramel Glaze, from Real Simple
• 4 Marcy Goldman's Amazing Honey Cake, from San Francisco Chronicle; also check out Smitten Kitchen's version of this Majestic and Moist Honey Cake
• 5 Holiday Apple Bundt Cake (vegan), from Diet, Dessert and Dogs
Do you have any other favorite Rosh Hashanah dessert recipes? Please share in the comments!
Related: Happy Rosh Hashanah! Holiday Eats from The Jew & The Carrot
(Images: Kana Okada/Bon Appétit, Martha Stewart Living, Amy Neunsinger/Real Simple, Craig Lee/Special to The Chronicle, Ricki Heller/Diet, Dessert and Dogs)