I look forward to this season all year. Not quite summer, not quite fall, but the warm, glowing month in between, when the days grow a little shorter, and the air crisper. It's apple season. This is the season when the ubiquitous, seemingly year-round fruit is actually at its peak — crisp and sweet. Here are some of my own favorite ways to get into the rhythm of apple season. From apple Gouda oatmeal cookies to apple toaster strudels, and apple kale soup to chickpea wraps with crunchy bites of fruit, here are 15 ways to use apples, in savory ways and in sweet.
SWEET APPLE RECIPES
• 1 Apple Yogurt Cake with a Cinnamon-Sugar Streak
• 2 Free-Form Apple Tart
• 3 Hearty & Healthy Apple Muffins
• 4 Baked Apple Dumplings
• 5 Apple Cinnamon Toaster Strudels
• 6 Sticky Spiked Double-Apple Cake with a Brown Sugar-Brandy Sauce
• 7 Weekend Apple Pancake
SAVORY APPLE RECIPES
• 8 Brown Rice Salad with Apples, Walnuts, and Cherries
• 9 Braised Escarole with Apples and Bacon
• 10 Arugula, Apple & Chickpea Salad Wraps
• 11 Kale and Apple Soup
• 12 Roasted Apple and Winter Squash Soup
SOMEWHERE IN BETWEEN!
• 13 Apple and Cheese Stuffed Latkes
• 14 Crispy Turnovers with Apple, Bacon, and Caramelized Onions
• 15 Apple Gouda Oatmeal Cookies
Are you buying apples yet? I'm antsy for a trip out to the country and the U-pick orchards! Time for apples.
More Apples: How To Store Apples for the Winter
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)