As a full-time editor for The Kitchn who also happens to live in New York, I'm able to work out of our parent site Apartment Therapy's main Soho office three days a week. Today, to celebrate the launch of the Small Cool Contest over on Apartment Therapy, the office organized a potluck—the first one we've ever had. How did I decide what to bring? Well, I went to The Kitchn naturally!
I won't lie that as the resident food editor in the office, I was feeling some performance anxiety! I knew I wanted to bring a side grain dish, so after a little searching I decided to make this farro, couscous, and asparagus salad. Of course, as luck would have it, my pearl couscous was a slimy disaster (too much water probably), so I substituted quinoa at the last moment, which worked well. Disaster averted!
So, what does an Apartment Therapy office potluck look like? Here's the menu rundown:
• Farro + Quinoa Salad with Asparagus and Goat Cheese
• Pulled Pork
• Apple, Pineapple, and Radicchio Slaw
• Arugula Salad
• Non-Alcoholic Punch (cranberry, pineapple, and ginger ale) and Alcoholic Punch (prosecco, gin, lemon juice, rosemary, sugar)
• Truffled Orzo with Asparagus
• Cheese Biscuits
• Shaved Asparagus Salad
• Smoked Salmon Spread with Triscuits
• Chocolate and Cherry Cookies
• Espresso and coffee
Related: Light and Portable: Best Recipes for an Office Potluck
(Images: Cambria Bold)