• How is the counter space? - Is there enough space for appliances? Will there still be room to work? Will the counters be easy to clean?
• How is the storage space? - Will everything fit in here? Would supplemental shelves be needed? Where would things go?
• How is the general layout? - Does it make sense? Is there a logical place for everything? Where are the fridge, oven, and workspace in relation to each other?
• How is the light? - Is there a window? How's the overhead light? Would there be enough light to work by at night? Is the stove area well-lit?
• How are the aesthetics? - Would this be a pleasant place to cook? What are the cupboards and counters made of? Does this kitchen feel cared for?
• How would it be to entertain in this kitchen? - Would it be crowded? Is there only room for the cook? Does the kitchen feel isolated? Is this good or bad?
• Check the appliances - Do they function? What kind of stove is provided?
• How close is the nearest grocery store?
What other factors do you consider when evaluating an apartment kitchen?
Related: Ten Kitchen Improvements for Renters