- Berlin Germany
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool:
- The friends who gather in it to enjoy good food and wonderful conversations... ten people can sit around my table when it's open!
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.
- Figuring out where to place a (relatively) big table was a bit of a challenge. In the end, I built a bench for the table that took advantage of the weird shape of the room, and wrapped yarns around it, inspired by this post: http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/5-projects-to-t-148094.
Also, my kitchen (like most German kitchens) came only with a sink and a stove, so making it fit for cooking and hosting on a grad student budget wasn't so easy. Flea markets, DIY projects found on the internet and Ikea were great resources!
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?
- This changes weekly! The last meal I've cooked for friends almost systematically becomes my new favorite!
Still, one constant factor this summer is this fantastic pie dough recipe which I've used several times for both sweet and savory pies: http://lookimadethat.com/2009/09/09/tomatogalette/
Small Cool Kitchens