In one of my previous posts about iPhone apps for home cooks, a reader commented and mentioned it would be nice to see a similar roundup of Android apps. I thought that was a great idea, so here is Round One of Android apps for the home cook!
• USDA Food Database - nutritional information for over 75,000 types of food.
• What To Cook - a helpful meal planner.
• Chinese Cooking Videos - a portable video guide to cooking many popular Chinese dishes.
• Meat Cooking Reference - a guide for cooking various meats (beef, lamb, pork, etc.) in different environments - stove, oven, grill.
• Cooking Conversions - Over 300 cooking conversions including volume, temperature, weight, oven and yeast conversions.
• Cook's Cheat Sheet - a cheat sheet for busy cooks.
iPhone Apps For The Home Cook: Part V
iPhone Apps For The Home Cook: Part IV
Three New iPhone Apps For the Home Cook - Part III
More iPhone Apps for the Home Cook - Part II
iPhone Apps For The Home Cook - Part I
(Image: Kathryn Hill)