Got hard boiled eggs? Craving egg salad? It's hearty, satisfying and surprisingly versatile in these eight recipes we're jonesing to try out.
First off, here's a tip for perfect hard boiled eggs (and keep in mind that older eggs peel more easily!). And if you really want to try something exciting, consider making your own mayo.
• Classic Egg Salad. Make a simple recipe with egg, mayo, a bit of mustard, some salt and pepper, a sprinkling of parsley and our go to extra ingredient: a squirt of sriracha.
• Tarragon Shallot Egg Salad Sandwiches. Grab some herbs and chop up some shallots for a simple, French take on the egg salad sandwich from Gourmet (pictured above).
• Spicy Egg Salad Sandwiches. We love a little kick and this recipe calls for horseradish and bacon, a combo we cannot ignore. From Buttermilk Press.
• Egg White Salad. A slightly lighter fare, the egg white salad from Real Simple combines egg whites with tomatoes, parsley and pepper to make a nice topping for crackers or an open face sandwich that won't weigh you down.
• Curried Egg Salad. This recipe comes courtesy of Martha's daughter Alexis and uses the crunch of celery with a little kick of curry to spice up ordinary egg salad. From Martha Stewart.
• Crisp Pancetta and Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe. A little bit of pancetta, some brioche bread and a solid recipe for egg salad. We're sold. Find the recipe on Chow.
• Danish Egg Salad with Smoked Salmon & Dill. This recipe strikes us as a great brunch food and also a nice recipe for spring since it uses dill. We also never complain when a recipe calls for sour cream (use creme fraiche if you've got it!). From Loulies.
• Egg Salad Breakfast Burrito. Try Emma's idea and incorporate those hard boiled eggs into a breakfast burrito complete with salsa and chiles to give the traditional take a kick in the pants.
Related: How To Use Up Hard Boiled Eggs
(Image: Sang An/Gourmet, Laure Joliet )