We've been there, with three or four eggs in the refrigerator, hardly enough to fill a 12-inch pan. Usually, we add a little more milk and hope for the best, but now we'll just try this.
• Read the article: A Frittata Where Eggs Play the Minor Role
Here are some more frittata tips and recipes from our archives:
• Potato, Red Pepper, and Feta Frittata
• Lemon Frittata with Leeks and Goat Cheese
• Zucchini-Potato Frittata
• Feeding a Crowd: Frittata Squares
• Tip: Put Leftover Pasta in Your Frittata
Has anyone ever tried Bittman's veggie-heavy technique? How does it work?
Image: Evan Sung for The New York Times