Penne with Shrimp and Goat Cheese
Makes 5 2-cup servings.
1 pound raw shrimp (medium or small; frozen is fine)
1 box (14.5-16 ounces) multi-grain penne (such as Barilla Plus)
2 cups sugar snap peas (fresh or frozen)
1 red pepper, julienned
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh basil, cut into thin strips
salt and pepper to taste
4 ounces goat cheese
1. Peel and devein thawed shrimp if desired.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions. When pasta is nearly al dente, add shrimp and cook until pink (generally less than 3 minutes for medium or small shrimp). Drain pasta and shrimp; return to pot.
3. While pasta is cooking, steam the sugar snap peas until crisp-tender and julienne the red pepper. If the pepper is large, cut the strips in half or thirds. Also prepare the fresh basil.
4. Add olive oil and basil to the pasta and shrimp mixture. Stir to coat. Add peas, red pepper and salt and pepper; stir until mixed.
5. Divide goat cheese into 5 portions and serve atop pasta. Enjoy with a crusty baguette.
Thanks Amy, and good luck! Readers, give Amy a thumbs up if you like this recipe!
Recipes from our Quick Weeknight Meals contest
Dozens of quick meals, from pasta to polenta to vegetables!