Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Amy and Dan
- Forest Hills, NY
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool:
- We've maximized the space in our galley kitchen to make it so that more than one person can work in there at the same time. While function was the first priority, we also kept it visually appealing. We love the elements of our kitchen that make it ours: the quartz countertop, the floor tile laid on the diagonal, the vintage poster hung on the wall, and the glass and stone mosaic backsplash.
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.
- Our kitchen originally had outdated appliances, awful hand-painted cabinets, and virtually no usable storage. We decided to completely gut it and start from scratch. By installing a refrigerator with a smaller footprint, an additional run of (half) cabinets, and electric on the other wall, we increased the overall counter space, storage, and workspace of the kitchen.
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?
- We love making farm-fresh pork chops with a rosemary rub.
See all entries
More posts in this series
Small Cool Kitchens 2013