- Chicago, IL
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool:
- Our house is only 600 square feet so it feels like we "live" in the kitchen. It is so open, bright and functional it never actually feels small. Our DIY island is a desk, prep area, entertaining bar and eight person dining table all in one!
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.
- Our home is on the bottom floor of a 100 year old coach house. The original space had huge windows along the main wall. We raised the windows in order to create an open L shaped kitchen. In order to keep as much natural light as possible, we did not put any wall cabinets on that wall, instead we double stacked cabinets on the opposite wall for extra storage space.
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?
- Anything on the cast iron! The exhaust hood keeps the smoke from filling our home!
Small Cool Kitchens,
Small Space Living