There are times when you want dishes that are shiny and new, a little out of the ordinary. And then there are times when you want food that's familiar, that you know everyone will like, and makes you feel good just sitting down to eat it. In other words: classic. And that's exactly what we want this 4th of July.• Barbecued Pork Burgers from Gourmet - We can't resist a good grilled burger, especially one with barbecue sauce dripping down the side.
• Best Old-Fashioned Burgers from The Bitten Word - We couldn't resist including this one too. These burgers are made on the stove top, but we guarantee you won't miss the grill.
• Best Marinated Kebabs from Jamie Oliver - The Naked Chef has recipes chicken, fish, and lamb, so take your pick!
• Grilled Salmon Fillets with Creamy Horseradish Sauce from Bon Appétit - Flaky fish with just a little soy sauce glaze sounds so good right now.
• Creamy Coleslaw from Epicurious - Simultaneously crunchy and creamy, this coleslaw hits the spot.
• Basic Potato Salad from Martha Stewart - Nuthin' but mayo and white wine vinegar. Thanks, Martha.
• Best Baked Beans Ever from the Pioneer Woman - We're pretty sure it's the eight strips of bacon that go on top of these beans that make them the best ever.
• Strawberry Shortcake on Biscuits from Simply Recipes - Accept no substitutes. We love the way the biscuits soak up just a little of the strawberry juice, but the edges still manage to stay crispy.
• Classic Lemonade from the Food Network - Nothing quenches thirst quite like it.
What will you be making - and eating - this 4th of July?