- New York, NY
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool:
- The gut renovation resulted in a 50% increase of cabinet space from 35 to 53 cu. ft ., includes a pull out for garbage & recycling and the addition of a drawer dishwasher. And check out the backsplash!
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.
- At 35 square feet, the Kitchen is 10% of my 350 sq ft apartment. The original 48 year old Kitchen was inefficient for modern living, lacked usable counter space and was short on cabinet storage. My biggest challenge was to overcome the mental hurdle of replacing the stove with a cooktop and convection microwave (rather than a stove). Doing so enabled me to make room for a drawer dishwasher (where the oven would have been) plus a 30” wide x 12” tall drawer underneath. I can't live for resale value and what a future unknown buyer might want. My life needs a dishwasher more than it needs a traditional oven.
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?
- Any meals prepared for guests because they were hard to do in my old kitchen. I even bought a Dutch oven.
Small Cool Kitchens