Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Long Beach, CA
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool:
- Our kitchen is cool because it reflects both of our styles. We treat it like any other room in our house which means lots of plants, photos, and Star Wars memorabilia.
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.
- Our tiny "efficiency kitchen" had almost no counter space. When we moved in in june, the only applance we had was a toaster oven, and that took up the counter space under the cabinets by the sink. We looked around for a movable island, but none were large enough for the storage we needed, or thin enough for our tiny space. We stumbled across the Expedit shelving unit Ikea, and loved the off-beat shelving it had. Our toaster oven fit perfectly in it, and we love the extra counter space it provides! Since we can't hang anything heavy on the brick, it also acts as a picture shelf. We love it, it really makes the kitchen easier to work in.
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?
- We just moved in a month ago, but so far we love cooking frittatas in our cast iron skillet, and home made pizzas in our toaster oven!
See all entries
More posts in this series
Small Cool Kitchens 2013