The key to a successful bake sale? Stock your table with the most tempting and irresistible homemade cookies you can find. All the Good Cookies is just what you need for all your summer bake sales, and it comes with an extra bonus: every copy sold benefits Cookies for Kids' Cancer. This charity has raised thousands for pediatric cancer research through community bake sales — a testament to the power of a really good cookie when combined with a really good cause.
• Who wrote it: Gretchen Holt-Witt
• Who published it: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
• Number of recipes: Over 60
• Recipes for right now: Mary Hickey's Toffee Bars, Cornflake Cookies, Lemon Perfection Squares, Maple Doodles, Perfect Chocolate Crinkles, Everyday Skinny Mints, Speculaas, Apricot & Raspberry Thumbprints
• Other highlights: The recipes in this book come with the reassurance that they have been tested many times over — and not just in the kitchen, but at the bake sale table, as well! You'll find a lot of old favorites in here, everything from lemon bars to chocolate chip cookies. There is also an entire section of gluten-free and allergy-friendly recipes.
I also appreciate all the tips for everything from cute packaging suggestions to smart pricing that are scattered throughout the book. You know these are words of wisdom from people with a lot of experience standing behind the table!
You'll also read a lot of stories in these pages: stories from kids who have survived cancer, stories from parents fighting grief to raise money for research, stories of fundraising goals and hope and working for something good. No matter what cause you are raising money to support through your bake sale, these stories will inspire you.
• Who would enjoy this book? People planning bake sales, bakers wanting a book of solidly good cookie recipes, people who want to support Cookies for Kids' Cancer
Find the book at your local library, independent bookstore, or Amazon: All The Good Cookies by Gretchen Holt-Witt
• Visit the author's website: Gretchen Holt-Witt
Apartment Therapy Media makes every effort to test and review products fairly and transparently. The views expressed in this review are the personal views of the reviewer and this particular product review was not sponsored or paid for in any way by the manufacturer or an agent working on their behalf. However, the manufacturer did give us the product for testing and review purposes.
(Images: Emma Christensen)