Think cabbage is boring? Or only good on St. Patrick's Day? This bunch of recipes just might make you think otherwise.
Surprisingly versatile, cabbage is found in almost all the world cuisines. You can braise it, fry it, roast it, grill it, or eat it raw (my favorite!). You can pair it with tomatoes and sausage or spice it up with cilantro and cumin. Once you get going, there's really no end to the ways you can dress it up.
Take a look at these recipes:
• Warm Cabbage Salad and Crispy Tofu from Leite's Culinaria
• Japanese Pizza Recipe from 101 Cookbooks
• Udon with Mushroom Broth, Cabbage, and Yams from Bon Appétit
• Italian Sausage and Cabbage Stew from Simply Recipes
• Pasta with Caramelized Onions, Cabbage & Smoked Ham from Epicurious
• Cabbage and Mushroom Galette from Smitten Kitchen
• Cavolo Nero and Red Cabbage Tostadas with Spicy Shrimp from Oprah
Do you have a favorite way of cooking cabbage?
Related: Beets, Cabbage, and Apples: 8 Vibrant Fall Salads
(Image: via Leite's Culinaria)