This time of year, I have pie on my mind. Spring fruits are starting to grace the farmers market and I love turning my weekly purchases into crisps or crumbles. But let us not forget about savory pies and cobblers.
Savory pies are wonderful because they're generally a one pot (or pan, as the case may be) meal, can be made with all different seasonal produce or meats, and are hearty and satisfying. When folks hear savory pie, I think they automatically think of quiche when, really, there is a whole world out there of recipes folding tomatoes and corn and collard greens into flaky pie crust. A world where Gouda biscuits are baked onto lightly spiced mushrooms and lentils. This is a world I'd like to bask in for awhile.
Try a Recipe:
• Tomato Cobber - Honey and Jam
• Savory Corn Cobbler - Real Simple
• Savory Chicken Cobbler - The Loveless Cafe
• Collard Cobbler with Cornmeal Biscuits - The Yellow House
• Savory Onion and Leek Tart - CHOW
• Chili Corn Chip Pie - Cooking Light
• Savory Farro Tart- Epicurious
• Mushroom and Lentil Pot Pies with Gouda Biscuits - Bon Appetit
• Tortilla and Black Bean Pie - Martha Stewart
• Veggie Tofu Pot Pie - Healthy, Happy Life
Related: Recipe: Savory Kabocha Tofu Pie
(Image: Honey and Jam)