After their dramatic win at the World Cup last week, we still haven’t quite managed to get the Spanish fervor out of our systems. And for us, of course that means Spanish food! These dishes say Spain to us more than anything else. What Spanish dishes do you love?1. Paella a la Marinera from Saveur - Beg, borrow, or steal a real paella pan to make this authentic. And don’t forget the saffron!
2. Steamed Clams and Chorizo from Epicurious - We love this pairing of sweet clams with smoky chorizo sausage.
3. Manchego Cheese Triangles with Quince Preserve from BBC Good Food - This rich and nutty cheese is one of our favorites from Spain.
4. Chilled Gazpacho Andaluz from the Kitchn - Fresh and flavorful, gazpacho is the perfect start to any meal.
5. Sopa de Ajo from Serious Eats - If you’re looking for something different than gazpacho, try this garlicky soup.
6. Tortilla Espanola from Food & Wine - More like a potato-filled frittata than the kind of tortilla we're familiar with, this is the quintessential late-night tapa at any bar in Spain.
7. Pescado a la Sal from Jamie Oliver - Baking fish in a salt crust is a classic Spanish preparation.
8. Spanish Style Pork Rib Roast with Romesco Sauce from Bon Appétit - Romesco sauce originated in Catalonia and adds a sweet-smoky flavor to this dish.
9. Coffee Flan from Gourmet - An infusion of coffee puts a slight spin on this traditional Spanish dessert.
10. Cinnamon-Dusted Mini Churros from Epicurious - Excellent dipped in melted chocolate.
And of course, we’ll have to have a bottle of Spanish wine with our meal!
What are your favorite Spanish dishes?
Related: Try This Tonight! White Sangria
(Images: Todd Coleman/Saveur, Romulo Yanes/Epicurious, BBC Good Food, Monika Kotus/Crumpets and Cakes, Nick Kindelsperger/Serious Eats, Quentin Bacon/Food & Wine, David Loftus/JamieOliver.com, Hans Gissinger/Bon Appétit, Mikkel Vang/Gourmet, Lisa Hubbard/Epicurious)