Brazil is definitely at the top of the list of places we’d like to visit - preferably sooner rather than later. Until that happens, we’ll put on some samba music, invite some friends over for caipirinhas, and serve up some excellent Brazilian fare. 1. Moqueca from Leite’s Culinaria - Coconut milk makes this thick fish soup a meal unto itself.
2. Bolinhos de Bacalhau from The World Wide Gourmet - If you haven’t tried salt cod fritters before, you definitely need to soon.
3. Feijoada from Saveur - This black bean and meat dish is to Brazil like paella is to Spain or cassoulet to France. Every region has a slightly different variation and they’re all good.
4. Shrimp Bobo from Gourmet - Serve this rich and creamy dish over acaça rice flour pudding.
5. Pao de Queijo from the Kitchn - These cheesy puffs are a cross between a dinner roll and gougeres. Insanely good.
6. Brigadeiros from Leite’s Culinaria - Similar to truffles, these fudgy balls of chocolate are made even more addictive with sweetened condensed milk.
7. Pudim De Laranja from the Food Network - A Brazilian version of flan, flavored with orange juice
8. Classic Caipirinha from the Kitchn - This mojito-esque cocktail is made with cachaha, a Brazilian liquor made from cane sugar.
What are your favorite Brazilian dishes?
Related: A Taste of Italy: 15 Recipes for Summer
(For image credits, see individual links)