Even if you aren't traveling far this summer, you can take a trip through Asia right in your own kitchen. Here are 15 of our favorite Chinese, Filipino, Japanese, Korean, Thai, and Vietnamese dishes for warm weather, including refreshing salads, barbecue crowd pleasers, and quick-cooking dinners. FIRST ROW
• 1 Green Papaya Salad (Som Tam) – If you can't find the green papaya to make this crunchy, shrimpy Thai salad, you can substitute shredded carrots or bean sprouts.
• 2 Summer Project: Make Vegetable Maki Sushi With Kids! – Kids home from school? Try this fun and tasty cooking project.
• 3 Korean Barbecued Short-Ribs – Barbecued kalbi, or short ribs, are easy to prepare and a definite crowd pleaser.
• 4 Bún Chay (Vietnamese Vegetarian Noodle Salad) – Our favorite summer dish is a refreshing combination of rice noodles, herbs, tofu, and a salty-sour-sweet sauce.
• 5 Korean Seafood Pancake (Haemul Pajeon) – Cooked in a skillet, this mixture of batter, seafood, and scallions makes a quick meal.
• 6 How To Make DIY Spicy Tuna Sushi – Save money by making your own maki sushi rolls or hand rolls at home.
• 7 Bánh Mì with Lemongrass Tofu – Top savory tofu with crisp, tangy relish and herbs for a flavorful lunch or dinner.
• 8 How To Make Chirashi At Home – This Japanese-style one-bowl meal is filling, versatile, and omnivore- or vegetarian-friendly.
• 9 Chinese Comfort Food: Stir-Fried Egg and Tomato – Here's a deliciously different way to enjoy all those summer tomatoes!
• 10 Vegetarian Naengmyun (Korean Cold Noodles) – Cool down with this dish of icy, tangy broth, buckwheat noodles, and crisp vegetables.
• 11 Easy Japanese Pickled Cucumber – This crispy, cool side dish is one of our picnic basket staples.
• 12 Danse's Green Curry with Seafood – Some say spicy food cools you down in hot weather; give this fragrant, well-balanced dinner a try.
• 13 Kenny Lao's Rickshaw Dumplings – Serve these at a party or freeze them for an easy meal when it's too hot too cook.
• 14 Chè Đậu Xanh (Vietnamese Dessert Soup With Mung Beans) – Tender mung beans simmered in coconut milk make a sweet, cool dessert.
• 15 Marking's Bibingka – This chewy, coconut-y Filipino cake is guaranteed to be a hit at your next gathering.
Related: 10 Quick and Easy Stir-Fry Dinners
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)