Here, from our Kitchn archives (plus one lobster spectacular from the Food Network), are recipes that go both ways.
Feeling frugal after writing big checks to the Feds? We've got pastas and soups with inexpensive ingredients that can be stretched for days. Feeling flush after a particularly good year? There are recipes for lamb, rich hollandaise, and tips for broiling steak.
Enjoy... And here's to looking forward to April 16th.
For the Frugal:
- Velvety Broccoli and Feta Pasta
- Farfalle with Cauliflower and Toasted Breadcrumbs
- Pasta with Pesto
- Lemon Pepper Pasta with Capers
- Clean Out the Pantry Pumpkin, Peanut, and Ginger Soup
- Zucchini Garlic Soup
- Tips and Tricks: How to Avoid Wasting Food
For the Flush:
- How to Broil a Steak in the Oven
- Scallops with Lime and Cilantro
- Linguine with Clam Sauce
- Spice Seared Boneless Leg of Lamb
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Herbed Cornmeal Rub
- Lobster Paella
- How to Make Hollandaise
(Images: Faith Hopler; Chris Phillips)