Forget romaine. Kale—with its chewy texture, earthy, green flavor, and superfood nutrition profile—is a fantastic base in raw salads. Many of us here at The Kitchn have been known to, ahem, obsess a little over these salads at one time or another, making a raw kale salad as much of a daily routine as our morning cup of coffee. If you're new to raw kale salads, massage the kale first, then jump in and enjoy!
• Kale Salad with Apricots, Avocado & Parmesan
• 101 Cookbooks' Raw Tuscan Kale Salad
• Kale Salad with Quick-Pickled Watermelon Radish
• Kale Salad with Pecorino and Lemon
• Kale Salad with Blood Orange and Meyer Lemon
• Kale and Ricotta Salad from Kim Severson and Gourmet
• Kale Slaw with Peanut Dressing
• Rainbow Kale Salad via Tartine and Apron Strings
• Northern Spy Kale Salad, via Food52
• Miso Kale Salad with Tofu, via Marin Mama Cooks
What are your favorite kale salad recipes? Do you have a combination of ingredients that always hit the right flavorful note? Share your secrets!
Related: Better Raw Kale Salad: Massage It!
(Images: as linked)