We had a housewarming party last weekend, and decided to start the party at 8 p.m. Lots of drinks were on the menu, and you know what happens when folks stay late and drink: they want to eat.
So while we weren't serving dinner, we knew we'd need to have a bunch of heavier snacks to sustain everyone through the night. Surprisingly, we had far more fun planning the food for this snack-heavy party than we have with many of our smaller dinner parties. I think the main reason for this is that everyone loves snacks: they don't have to go with one another, and they invite sampling and trying a little bit of everything.
Below are a few snack-worthy recipes; the top five on the list are what we served at our gathering, and the remaining five are recipes we're excited to try for the next one. Happy snacking to you all!
Grab a Snack:
• Union Square Cafe Nuts Recipe - ABC News
• Parmesan Black-Pepper Biscotti - Epicurious
• Homemade Cheez-Its - Ready Made Magazine
• Baba Ganoush - David Lebovitz
• Fig and Olive Tapenade - Food 52
• Classic Pimento Cheese Recipe - The Homesick Texan
• Buffalo-Style Celery Sticks - Martha Stewart
• Sweet Curry Brown Sugar Popcorn - Love and Lemons
• Bite-Sized Baked Brie - Joy the Baker
• Apple, Fennel and Cheddar Cheese Straws - Fine Cooking
Related: Quick Entertaining: Winning Drink and Snack Combinations
(Images: Martha Stewart, Love and Lemons, Joy the Baker)