Every week we bring you our favorite posts from our friends at Serious Eats, and this week we were riveted by this easy recipe for homemade hard cider — our new favorite alcoholic beverage. Read on for this, some sweet glazed lemon-almond cookies, and Paula Deen's recipe for homemade Kit-Kat bars.
• The Cider Press: Quick Homemade Hard Cider - All you need is time, apple cider, a little yeast. You can do it right in the original bottle, too.
• A Fresh Look at Apricot Brandy - An old-fashioned liqueur makes a comeback.
• Serious Sweets: Glazed Lemon-Almond Cookie - Lovely little cookies.
• Edible DIY: Paula Deen's Homemade Kit Kat Bars - Over the top, as you might expect!
• Eat For Eight Bucks: Black Bean And Sweet Potato Chili - Warm, nourishing, cheap, and yummy.
Previous Good Eats: Making Tofu at Hodo Soy Beanery in Oakland, CA
(Image: Christopher Lehault/Serious Eats)