Every time this year, we seem to fall in love with beans all over again. Creamy cannellini beans, rich and hearty pinto beans, delicate flageolets: they turn any dish into a satisfying meal. Here are some of our favorite recipes, perfect for right now.
We highly recommend buying bags of dried beans and making them yourself. It's easy to do in the oven or the slow-cooker. We love Rancho Gordo's heirloom beans, but even a basic bag of dried beans from the grocery store will taste fantastic.
1. Borlotti Beans in Tomato Sauce with Creamy Polenta
2. Florida Butter Beans with Caramelized Onions and Bacon
3. Slow Cooker Black Bean Enchiladas
4. Basil Parmesan Pot Beans
5. Tomato and White Bean Panade
6. Spinach, White Bean, and Taleggio Pizza
7. Cauliflower, Fennel, and White Bean Winter Salad
8. Cuban Black Bean Soup
9. Vegetarian Espresso Chili
10. Vegetarian Bean Burgers
What are your favorite dishes with beans?
(Images: See Individual Posts)