We found a few recipes we're excited to share with you today that reflect all of those changes, from a vegetarian version made with goat cheese mashed potatoes, to a buffalo chicken shepherd's pie.
When I make shepherd's pie at home, I'll often make a double batch and freeze the leftovers for a weeknight when I can't be bothered to cook. It can be a really wonderful clean-out-the-fridge dish, too, in that you can really toss in whatever vegetables sound tasty to you at the time.
Try a Recipe:
• Turkey Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie - Food Network
• Spiced Parsnip Shepherd's Pie- BBC Good Food
• Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie with Roasted Garlic and Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes - The Fig Tree
• Lentil and Wild Mushroom Shepherd's Pie - A Communal Table
• Buffalo Chicken Shepherd's Pie - My Kitchen Addiction
Related: Comfort Food: Shepherd's Pie
(Image: Martha Stewart)