I grew up in a house about a hundred feet from a cornfield, and every evening we'd put the water on to boil, then pick the corn and husk it as we walked rapidly toward the house and chuck it in and dish up the chicken and say a prayer and out came the corn, on went the butter and salt, eight minutes flat from stalk to mouth, and when you ate sweet corn, life had nothing better to offer. You'd been to the top. - Garrison Keillor, A Prairie Home Companion
I can't say it any better than Garrison. Fresh summer sweet corn is heavenly — and if you haven't had any yet this summer, what are you waiting for? Nothing is better than corn, butter and salt, of course, but if you've eaten your fill of plain corn and want a few more reasons to enjoy it, then try one of these recipes. There's caramelized sweet corn with tomatoes and bacon, and a salad of corn with zucchini and herbs. There's smoky grilled corn dip, and street fair-style elote with cheese. Something here for everyone — shuck your corn and take your pick.
• 1 How To Make Elote (Roasted Sweet Corn) At Home
• 2 Smoky Corn and Jalapeno Dip
• 3 Summer Corn Salad
• 4 Potatoes, Green Beans, and Corn in Lemon Brown Butter Sauce
• 5 Scrambled Eggs with Fresh Corn, Goat Cheese, and Oven-Roasted Tomatoes
• 6 Caramelized Corn with Tomatoes and Bacon
• 7 Corn and Zucchini Salad with Chives
• 8 Herbed Sweet Corn and Tomato Salad
• 9 Mung Bean Salad With Corn and Basil
• 10 Grilled Cactus and Corn Salad
What are your favorite ways to enjoy sweet corn in the summertime?
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)