So, pasta is on the menu. Good. Now — what to serve with it? If you're having a rich, creamy pasta, then you probably want something fresh and light to cut through all that richness. Or if you're having a hearty baked pasta, you may want something else roasted as well — cabbage, perhaps? Or carrots? Take a look through 12 of my favorite dishes to accompany pasta. Fennel slaw, a classic Italian iceberg chopped salad, braised romaine and more...
• 1 Italian Chopped Salad with Lemon Caper Dressing
• 2 Warm Golden Beet Salad with Greens and Almonds
• 3 Broccoli Salad with Carrots and Currants
• 4 Kale Salad with Pecorino and Lemon
• 5 Celery and Grapefruit Salad with Parmesan
• 6 Tomato Salad with Red Onion, Dill and Feta
• 7 Orange, Olive, and Fennel Salad
• 8 Braised Eggplant and Tomatoes
• 9 Sesame Roasted Snap Peas
• 10 Braised Romaine Lettuce Crostinis
• 11 Roasted Cabbage with Bacon
• 12 Orange Roasted Carrots and Parsnips
What's your favorite vegetable or salad to eat with pasta?
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)