We love to have a small treat waiting in our lunchbox
at midday, or to send a loved one off to work or school with something sweet. From extra-special marshmallow Mallomars
to easy Earl Grey Tea Cookies
Earl Grey tea shortbread, and from husband-winning peanut butter cookies
, these are 20 favorites from our own archives to sweeten up that first week back to school.
20 Favorite Cookies
• Peanut Butter & Fudge Oatmeal Cookies
- Oatmeal cookies with a dollop of chewy fudge on top.
• Husband-Winning Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chewy, dense peanut butter cookies.
• Brown Sugar Cookies with a Touch of Whole Wheat
- Softer sugar cookies, and great with a dollop of cream cheese icing.
• Best Cut-Out Sugar Cookies
- Truly the best — it's a great recipe for cut-outs!
• Peanut Butter Oatmeal Monster Cookies
- A nearly gluten-free recipe of peanut butter and oats. (Use GF oats.)
• Super-Soft Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Ultra-soft and chewy snickerdoodles.
• Chocolate Chip Cookies (No Mixer!)
- The ultimate classic, and just in case you don't want to drag out the mixer, this recipe doesn't call for one.
• Sensational Peanut Butter Cookies
- No flour, no butter!
• Homemade Mallomars
- Gooey, chewy, chocolate-covered marshmallow.
• Mini Molasses Cookies with Lemon Filling
- Spicy molasses cookies with tart lemon filling.
• Gluten-Free Chocolate Whoopie Pies with Marshmallow Filling
- Chocolate gluten-free cookies with marshmallow fluff.
• Halfway Cookies
- Cookie bottoms with chewy meringue on top.
• Sour Cream-Raisin Bars
- A tangy old-fashioned treat.
• One Bowl Mascarpone Brownies
- Quick and simple, a decadent nibble.
• Cardamom-Vanilla Shortbread with White Chocolate and Rose Petals
- Delicate and lovely!
• Rosemary-Walnut Brown Butter Cookies
- These are killer good.
• Chocolate Chip and Toffee Shortbread Cookies
- Not too sweet, and very moreish.
• Dark Chocolate Walnut Cookies
- Peppy and bittersweet, these are a great afternoon pick-me-up.
• Spiced Mexican Wedding Cakes
- A quicker version of that classic cookie.
• Earl Grey Tea Cookies
- These are such a snap; you make them in your food processor.
What's your favorite cookie for the lunchbox or the mid-afternoon tea break?
Originally published August 24, 2010.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits.)