This week I've been sharing the Mother's Day brunch I threw for my mother and grandmother. I took it as an excuse to set the table with hot pink and yellow napkins and flowers — so spring fresh!
But this look isn't just for Mother's Day. Here's how to get this bright and colorful spring table for a shower, a birthday party, or just a dinner with friends.
The second table in my office. Big family means two tables!
Of course, I didn't go out and buy all this stuff just for the party — I pulled most of it from my own cupboards and and party stash. But I did pick up the vase, the runner, and a few new napkins (I didn't have enough for everyone, and they'll certainly get a lot of use post-party).
I do find parties like these a good excuse to freshen up the table for spring. I try to go through my tablecloths and vases at least once a year and donate or give away anything I haven't used in a while to make room for one or two new pretty things.
Posters Behind the Table
- Helena Linen Napkins in Azalea and Mustard, $5.97-$7.95 at Crate & Barrel
- Border Stripe Yarn Dye Table Runner in Peridot, $14.99 at West Elm
- Lattice Runner in Hot Pink, $55 at Chilewich
- Chickadee Short Vase, $14.95 at Crate & Barrel
- Dip Flatware Crock, $4.95 at Crate & Barrel
- Blue Ball Jars, vintage
- DIOD Glasses, used as candleholders, $1.99 at IKEA
- Flowers: Pink ranunculus, yellow freesia, and daffodils, from Trader Joe's
Dishes & Glassware
(Image credits: Faith Durand; Rachel Joy Baransi)