Even pasta-lovers like us need something new every once in a while. Here are seven dishes that have recently tempted our taste buds with their fresh flavors and off-beat ingredients. Homemade matzo noodles with peas and parmesan, anyone?
• Passover Pasta Primavera from Gourmet - The head notes describe matzo noodles as "light in texture and no fuss to prepare."
• Mezze Maniche Gigante with Spinach, Raisins, Almonds, and Sundried Tomatoes from Apron and Sneakers - For a pasta recipe intended to use up leftover ingredients, we think this one's a keeper! (Also, we MUST find a source for this pasta shape.)
• Pasta with Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Feta, and Arugula from Eats Well With Others - With so many favorite flavors in one dish, how could this be bad?
• Two-Pea Pasta with Ricotta and Tarragon from Martha Stewart - We're always looking for a good excuse to use tarragon. What a great pairing with peas.
• Creamy Farfalle with Salmon and Peas from Epicurious - With pea-season just around the corner, we'll keep this one bookmarked!
• Penne with Cauliflower and Mustard Breadcrumbs from Bon Appétit - The mustard breadcrumbs caught our eye in this recipe.
• Pasta with Carrots, Risotto-Style from Saveur - Made by slowly adding broth to the pasta while it cooks, this ends up naturally creamy and very orange!
Any pasta dishes on your menu this weekend?
(Image: Romulo Yanes/Gourmet)