Last summer, we were invited to an evening reception. We had never been to the host's home before, but we were asked to bring jackets (the weather was cooler than it is now) and dress casually. We were prepared for an evening outside, but when we arrived, an elaborate celebration was being held inside of a big old red barn on the property!We were immediately charmed by the large tables of roasted vegetables and meats, cheeses, and fresh fruits. String lights were strung in the rafters high overhead and in potted trees. A couple of old farm cats brushed up against ankles of mingling guests. There was plenty of space for sitting down to eat, including in the unused hay loft above. We wish we had photos of the evening, but here are a few examples from around the web that remind us of it:
• 1 An elegant conference dinner, shared by Tea & Cookies
• 2 A hay barn dinner from Farm Food
• 3 The “Heirloom Harvest Barn Dinner” by the Chefs Collaborative
• 4 A dinner in Martha Stewart's spic-n'-span barn.
• 5 The barn at Fields on Westlake, a wedding venue.
Do you like the idea of escaping to the farm for an elegant dinner party?
Related: Practically-Outdoor Dining
(Images: As linked above)