We don't often think about it, but ice cube trays are some of the most useful tools in our kitchen. We rely on them all the time to create components for quick meals and to avoid wasting food. Here are 8 ingredients we freeze in ice cube form…• Leftover herbs
: Freeze chopped herbs in water or stock and use them in soups, sauces, and stir fries.
• Stock: The small size helps the stock defrost quickly.
• Leftover wine: Use in sauces, risottos, and more.
• Sweet wine: Or make this easy, elegant, slushy dessert.
• Coffee: Perfect for iced coffee!
• Lemons: Throw the cubes into iced tea or defrost them to use in recipes.
• Caramelized onions: Make a big batch and freeze for quick meals later.
• Roasted garlic: A shortcut to deep flavor in soups, sauces, and more.
How do you use ice cube trays?
Related: Can You Recommend a Non-Plastic Ice Cube Tray?
(Image: Emma Christensen)