For those looking to attend here's a little on how our show went. Although it was a crazy ball of fun that we will never fully admit to loving, as much as we really did, in a public forum such as this, there was a little cooking and cocktails to be had!
• Food is Love, Family and Entertainment: The combination of all 3 made for a great night and it was obvious the passion for all of the entertainers and chefs above. They really made everyone feel at home and comfortable.
• Alcohol and Stories Cover Anything: It doesn't matter if you burn the holiday ham or spill wine down the front of your shirt—have a good story to tell, or a cocktail to share and no one will know otherwise and the fun will keep on going!
• Don't Be So Serious: Food is meant to be fun and it's easy to forget that with recalls, health issues and science often times clouding our judgment. Make sure to smile and live it up, otherwise there's just no point in eating.
• Double Up On Ingredients: To save money, pick drinks that use the same types of alcohol to lessen the dollar amount you spend at the liquor store. Not having to beef up your bar all at once can make any get together frugal.
• Chicken Stock is your Culinary Switzerland: Totally neutral and good for everyone, use it to add liquid to a dish instead of oil or butter.
• Music Makes The Meal: Any dish will come out amazing when you're singing at the top of your lungs and shakin' your hips.
• Use Your Knife To Loosen A Lid: This quick tip involves tapping your knife on the back of the blade against the rim of a jar to loosen a stuck lid. It might take a few taps, but it will come free in a snap.
• Measure Your Ice: When serving blended ice drinks, fill your cups to the brim with ice and then add to the blender. All that will need to go in is simple syrup and alcohol and you'll have the perfect amount of beverage without leftovers when you're done.
We know the above are probably things many of you already knew, but in a large entertainment setting like this, it was interesting to see how the same rules can still apply in your kitchen at home. So remember, turn up the tunes, have a drink and let the good times roll!