Love holiday baking, but short on time? Turn to your freezer for help! Cookies, cakes, cupcakes and even whole pies can be made ahead of time and baked or thawed when you need them, so you'll always have a special dessert on hand, no matter how busy your schedule.
Pie dough, pie filling and even whole pies freeze well, and can be baked the day before serving. Cakes can be frozen whole or in slices, and cupcake batter freezes well. And for freshly-baked cookies whenever you need them — cookie swaps, holiday parties, or just cozy evenings indoors — frozen cookie dough is a must at this time of year.
• For Convenience & A Better Crust: Freeze Unbaked Pies
• Freeze Fruit Fillings for Pies Right Now
• Is It Possible to Freeze Pumpkin or Pecan Pies?
CAKES & CUPCAKES
• Quick Tip: Freeze Pre-Baked Cakes
• 3 Ways To Freeze Cupcake Batter for Later
• Freeze Cake Slices for a Weeknight Treat
• Tips for Freezing Holiday (or Any Day) Cookies
• What's Better for Freezing: Cookies or Cookie Dough?
Do you have any tips for freezing baked goods?
Related: Old-Fashioned Pecan Pie: A Corn Syrup-Free Recipe
(Image: Emma Christensen)