If you're headed to the park for your al fresco gathering, chance are the picnic tables will be less than pristine. In lieu of bringing your entire cleaning kit with you, toss a pretty tablecloth in your bag or basket. Once you find the perfect table under the best shade tree, just throw your tablecloth over the table and you're ready to go — no need to worry about what's underneath.
Don't have a tablecloth sitting around or looking for something fresh and summery? Any one of these will make your al fresco meal that much more delightful.
1. Summer Ice Cream Tablecloth, $5 at Target: Your summer ice cream party just got even more fun with this easy-to-clean tablecloth with sorbet colors and woodland creatures.
2. Gabriella Tile Oilcloth Tablecloth, $40 at World Market: This gorgeous tablecloth makes the perfect canvas for a Mediterranean feast. Who cares if the red wine splashes? Cleanup is easy.
3. Inbjudande Tablecloth, $17 at IKEA: Can't you just imagine a lovely tea for the ladies with this spread across the table?
4. Garden Tablecloth, $30 at Urban Outfitters: Keep your table neutral with on-trend gray, and supply the color pop with a fresh bouquet of blooms plucked right from the garden.
5. Chalkboard Runner, $25 at Anthropologie: Every artist's dream! Children and adults will love doodling over dinner. You supply the chalk and let your guests supply the inspiration.
6. Kite Tails Tablecloth, $20 at Crate & Barrel: Let this tablecloth be a reminder of the days when flying a kite was the only thing on your summer agenda.
7. Tommy Bahama Bora Bora Indoor/Outdoor Tablecloth, $20 at Overstock.com: Set your outdoor table with the hottest summer trend: palm leaves! This blue-and-green tablecloth will have you dreaming of a tropical getaway (and it goes perfectly with mojitos).
8. Gingham Poly Check Indoor/Outdoor Tablecloth, $20 at Bed Bath & Beyond: Who can resist a red-and-white tablecloth for summer picnics? It's a classic and goes with picnics like hot dogs go with ketchup.