If you're looking to add some festive-colored food to your Olympic-watching get-together — or just want to get into the political season spirit — you don't have to settle for a handful of mushy blueberries and strawberries tossed with whipped cream for a little red, white, and blue! As it turns out, patriotic-hued snacks are only a few clicks away.
Here are eight of our favorite ways to pump up the patriotism while nibbling.
1. Americana Cookie Set, $32.99 from Cheryl's Cookies: If you want to wow your crowd, leave out this assortment of peach cobbler, blueberry muffin, chocolate chip, and buttercream frosted cut-out cookies. They're a step above your standard supermarket cookie offerings, and they're the perfect thing to sink into as your favorite athlete competes for gold.
Or, if you're not crazy about sports, you can get in the Election Day spirit and reach for one whenever your preferred candidate goes up or down in the polls.
2. Patriotic Kettle Corn, $15 from The Popcorn Factory: This salty-sweet kettle corn is sure to be a hit with your hungry crew as they're transfixed by the incredible feats of athleticism. It's also light enough to be a crowd-pleasing anytime snack.
3. All-American Jelly Bean Mix, $2.49 from Jelly Belly: Very cherry, coconut, and blueberry-flavored jelly beans are helpfully compiled in a perfect, patriotic package. Set a few bowls around your Olympic-themed party for easy chomping.
4. Stripes & Blues, $4.69 from Terra Chips: Magic happens when sweet potato, candy-striped beet, and blue potato chips are tossed together with a little sea salt. These colorful chips are sturdy enough to serve with dip as an appetizer, but they'd also make a nice side option alongside your hot dogs and hamburgers. They're perfect for eating straight out of the bag, too.
5. M&M Freedom Blend, $24.99 from M&M's: Patriotic clip art of fireworks, eagles, and flags takes these candy-coated chocolate candies to the next level.
6. All-American Gourmet Popcorn Set, $11.99 from Hoosier Hill Farm: Make a batch savory with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and black pepper. Or, make a batch sweet by adding a touch of brown sugar and vanilla. Another tip: you can mix the colored kernels together in a pot, or serve the colors separately for a little drama.
7. White House Cookie Kit, $7.99 from Trader Joe's: Gingerbread houses are so last year. Get the kids involved with decorating our nation's White House, rendered here in vanilla cookie-form. Need a boost? Imagine your favorite candidate waving at you from one of the cookie windows.
8. Patriotic Jordan Almonds, $6.99/lb from Oh! Nuts: A dish of these red, white, and blue Jordan almonds will add a little sophistication to your affair. Or, if you're feeling crafty, arrange a few on a white sheet cake to make an American flag.