My love of dill started rather recently when I made dill infused vodka. I found that compared to the overpowering taste of dill I ate in Scandinavian recipes growing up, when the herb was infused with vodka, it provided a light pickle-y flavor that was a great addition to a classic martini. I found that the same can be said when a small amount of dill is added to things salads, yogurt dressings, and soups.
Dill isn't something you generally use in large quantities, but you usually have to buy it in bulk. If you're like me, and end up having too much of it your fridge, here are 8 delicious recipes to use up the rest of your haul.
1. Lemon Braised Chicken & Beans with Mint Pesto
2. Recipe: Crunchy Spring Salad with Dill Dressing
3. Grilled Carrots with Lemon and Dill
4. Roasted Cauliflower & Potato Soup with Dill Whipped Cream
5. Golden Quinoa Salad with Lemon, Dill & Avocado
6. Zucchini with Yogurt-Dill Sauce
7. Yogurt Biscuits with Dill
8. Potato Salad with Yogurt, Arugula, and Dill
(Image credits: Faith Durand; Anjali Prasertong; Nealey Dozier; Emily Han; Joanna Miller)