Compared to Pinterest and Instagram, it's hard out there for food-related Twitter accounts. Where are all the photos of that stupidly pretty carrot cake you ate? What about that kale salad you massaged? Sure, you can attach photos on Twitter, but it's definitely not the same.
These hysterical food-related Twitter accounts are able to take things to a whole new level. You won't even miss the pretty photos, I swear.
Here are a few of the funnier food-related accounts that you should definitely follow. You'll notice that two of them area actually product accounts –– Skittles and Cap'n Crunch. I particularly enjoy these two because they seem strange, and different from their brand.
- 1. Drunk Hulk - @DRUNKHULK: Favorite recent tweet: " BET PEOPLE BE HAPPIER IF THEY JUST CALL IT PUMPKIN SPICED SHUTDOWN!"
- 2. Coffee Dad - @cofee_dad: 95% of the time Coffee Dad tweets about wanting or getting coffee. 5% of the time, however, he alludes to the mysterious death of his son.
- 3. Shit Food Blogger - @shitfoodblogger: Favorite recent tweet: "I'm having a hard time understanding how you live with yourself since you didn't make dinner from scratch for your family. So guilty."
- 4. Big Gay Ice Cream - @biggayicecream: Big Gay Ice Cream is great ice cream shop/truck in New York. Tweets mostly hilarious things.
- 5. Cap'n Crunch - @RealCapnCrunch
- 6. Carrot Facts - @RealCarrotFacts: Like Coffee Dad, Carrot Facts tweets mostly about things related to carrots, but sometimes talks about this secret lady (Megan) that broke his/her heart.
- 7. Skittles - @Skittles
- 8. Tofu - @tofu_product: This account only started last week, but it's already getting some attention. Basically if you follow the account it "absorbs" your tweets (like tofu!) and tweets at you a mashup of stuff you've tweeted. It's stupid, but amusing.
What hysterical food-related accounts do you follow? Let us know in the comments.
Follow The Kitchn on Twitter → @thekitchn
(images: As Linked, Hulk: Thrillist)