• Edamame: Edamame frozen in their pods are an easy-to-prepare finger food, and shelled edamame can be roasted and sprinkled with sea salt and cracked pepper for an unusual snack.
• Pizza Dough: Homemade or storebought raw pizza dough can be frozen for several months. Thaw, roll and top with whatever you like, then cut it into appetizer-size pieces after baking.
• Phyllo Dough: Flaky phyllo dough thaws quickly and can be used as the base for savory or sweet tarts, or any number of quick appetizers.
• Meatballs: Meatballs are a classic appetizer for a reason. They freeze and reheat well, and give your guests something a little more substantial than the usual crudite platter.
• Cookie Dough: Freeze pre-formed scoops of chunky doughs like chocolate chip, or logs of slice-and-bake dough and bake just before the party. Bonus: your house will smell amazing when guests arrive.
• Breads: Freezing a sliced baguette has you on the way to a platter of bruschetta, but if you really want to make entertaining look effortless, freeze unbaked gougères and pop them in the oven before the party, so you can serve them warm to your guests.
Related: 10 Fast Freezer-to-Oven Appetizers
(Image: Emma Christensen)