The party is gone, the dishes are piled high and you let out a sigh of relief as the volume in your house has gone back down to an acceptable level. Your apps were a hit, the dinner was darling and the desserts were to die for, so what's left?
That gosh darn crudité platter. You can't help it that everything else was so successful that no one wanted veggies! Here are a few ways to use up that rabbit food now that the holiday is over.
1. Roast the veggies: It doesn't matter what vegetable it is, they all taste better roasted. Plus, once cooked they can be used in 100 different ways.
2. Soup them up: Vegetable soup with noodles, vegetable soup in broth, blended creamy vegetable soup. Soup. Ya dig?
3. Shred 'em and fritter: If you have a food processor you can run any vegetable through a shredding disc and find yourself with a bowl of confetti veg. Pour some pancake batter over it and bam. Breakfast for weeks. Separate with parchment paper and freeze.
4. Stir-fry: Wok, veggies, whatever else is in your fridge that needs to be eaten and BAM, dinner is served! That's how you make stir fry right? With all the random things in your fridge? I'll pretend you said yes.
5. Curry: Coconut milk and curry paste can turn any vegetable into something that can be poured over rice and enjoyed for an extra few days.
6. Juice them: Think of it as the crudite clense. Just don't add cayenne pepper whatever you do. Try blending it to death to give you a nice spicy Bloody Mary to boot!
7. Eat them! Ok, so it's the obvious answer, but seriously, just eat them!