Although we love spending hours in our kitchen, pouring love into the meals and dishes we prepare, sometimes it's just too dang hot to exert so much effort or time. If you're looking for a quick summer fix, try one of these 7 dishes that will have you in and out of your kitchen duties in a flash! Although there's a plethora of summer desserts, many involve a trip through the oven and with that comes preheating your oven... and your home. We'll pass and try out a few of these refreshing, non-oven desserts instead!
First Row, Left To Right
• Mango Colada: Although technically a beverage this drink has us headed to the store for a few ripe mangoes and would be the perfect way to end a dinner party on the patio!
• Saucy & Sweet Grilled Pineapple: This can be made indoors or out and is an instant crowd pleaser. It doesn't matter how hot it is, your friends will be sucking down these sweet sticks as fast as you can get them off the heat!
• Milk and Honey Peanut Butter Balls: Although dessert can be a fussy adventure, it doesn't have to be. These simply nostalgic snacks make for a perfect summer treat when you're looking for something easy and homey.
• Coffee-Vanilla Milkshake (With a Navan Kick): A little boozy, a little creamy and a little pick me up, this is the perfect refreshing treat for a summer afternoon.
• Extra-Quick No-Cook Meyer Lemon Ice Cream: Although this still requires time to churn and an hour to freeze, there's no cooking or messy eggs or cornstarch involved in this recipe, it's a simple mix, churn and forget it — leaving you time to soak up a few rays and enjoy the company of family and friends.
Second Row, Left To Right
• Frozen Banana-Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Milkshakes: When the temperatures rise, nothing hits the spot like a tasty milkshake, just don't go run a marathon afterwards.
• Summer Sweet: Strawberries, Sour Cream & Brown Sugar: Even if the combination is a new one to you, there's no way you can look at these amazing pictures and not be completely intrigued by the idea of them.
• Related: Recipe: D.I.Y. Instant Pudding
(Images: As Linked Above)